Beautiful Dubai!! A city that is known for its luxury! This was my first long trip, so I was super nervous, but thank God it all went well! The airport was gorgeous, such an elegant place. We got there in the evening, which helped to our advantage (at least I think it did ) because we were so tired from our direct 14-hour flight (yes, 14 hours nonstop😵) that when we got to the hotel my husband and I unpacked and went to bed early that night. The next morning we woke up nice and fresh on their time (Dubai time zone). The funny part is that you usually don’t feel the jet lag when you’re getting somewhere because your so excited to explore, it’s coming back home that it hits you bad lol.
Anyways, back to this beautiful destination. There is so much to see here in Dubai! It’s a city that keeps growing every day. Everywhere you go, you are amazed! Everyone there is extremely nice and very helpful. They are people with class and elegance. The culture is beautiful, I absolutely loved it! Here is my 7-day itinerary while I was in Dubai. There is so much more to see, but for the time being this is what I got to explore. I hope I motivate you to someday go a explore this beautiful city!
DAY 1 (Fri)
- Walk around the downtown area of Dubai -We were staying nearby so it was walking distance from the hotel.
- Hang out at the “Creek” -This is a place where they have very nice restaurants and lounges with an awesome view.
DAY 2 (Sat)
- Burj Khalifa- Also known as the tallest building in the world. It was a goal of mine to be able to go to the top since I am really scared of heights. It took me awhile to get there, and I will admit that I may have crawled in some areas lol, but I did it! YAY for me!
- Mall of Dubai- This mall is huge!
- Bur Dubai aka Old Dubai- Great for pictures, it’s the historical part of Dubai. It is about 20 minutes away from Dubai mall in a taxi.
- Souks- One of my favorite places was the souks in Dubai. It’s like a flee market, but much more fun! Here I bought a pair of shoes that I fell in love with! #myweaknessareSHOES #shoelover
- Boat ride through the creek- There is no need for a reservation because the boats are constantly coming. We got on a small one shown in the picture below, this one was about US$0.50 per person and purchased on site. Prices vary depending on the boat you get on.
- Burj Khalifa lights and fountain show- This show was absolutely beautiful!
- City walk- This location was about 10 mins away from Dubai mall in a taxi. Here you can find many restaurants, lounges, and shops.
DAY 3 (Sun)
- Miracle garden- This location is closer to the Marina. This garden is breathtaking! I felt like I was in Alice and Wonderland. Tickets can be purchased online or on site. They were about US$11.00 per person.
- Global Village- I had so much fun here, similar to Epcot from Disney World, but so much better. Tickets can be purchased online or on site. They were about US$5.00 per person. (Dress code is enforced).
DAY 4 (Mon)
- Safari desert- This is must do when visiting Dubai! We got a tour of the safari desert which included the car domes and to be honest, I would have skipped the car domes portion of the tour because I can get car sick pretty easy. Other than that, the tour was great! After the car domes, you get to sandboard (that was AWESOME) then, ride camels and after that a dinner and show outside in the desert! The safari desert was one of the highlights of the trip! Tickets can be purchased online or at any tourist location. They can start at about US$40.00 per person.
DAY 5 (Tues)
- Abu Dhabi bus tour with “Ocean”- Including Ferrari world, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the heritage park, lunch at the marina mall, the Palacio, dates supermarket, and back to Dubai. Two side notes:
- For the mosque: It is not open on Fridays if you decide to go on your own and not with a tour guide. Also, wear socks or take socks if you plan to put sandals because no shoes are allowed inside the mosque. A dress code is enforced, so go covered up.
- In my opinion, this location should be on the top of your list when visiting Dubai, it’s breathtaking! It can be a day trip if you don’t want to stay in Abu Dhabi. We went on a tour, but many people rent a car since its only an hour and a half away from Dubai. Tickets can be purchased online or at any tourist location. Prices vary depending on the tour you want, but most tours start at about US$65.00 per person.
DAY 6 (Wed)
- Yellow boat ride at the marina around the palm island- This tour took about 2 hours. Tickets can be purchased online or at any tourist location. Prices vary depending on the boat tour you decide to go with. They start at about US$45.00 per person.
- Cocktails at 52 “the observatory” at the Marriott hotel- There is no need for reservation. Here you have a beautiful view of the palm island (happy hr 5-9).
DAY 7 (Thurs)
- Went to the JR beach- This is a great spot to see the Burj Al Arab, aka the only 7-star hotel in the world. This building is a symbol of the modern Dubai.
- Got ready for dinner at one of the restaurants by the Marina.
Shukraan (Thank you) Dubai for such an amazing time!